Back to previous
Remission of court fees
If you are on UC, IS, income-based JSA, income-related ESA, PC or working tax credit (but not getting child tax credit), you are entitled to apply for a fee remission when beginning county court proceedings. Proof of entitlement may be established by producing a current benefit letter. If you are turned down on an application for remission of fees, there is normally a right of appeal. An application for a remission is made on Form EX160, which can be downloaded from
If there is an emergency matter that needs an urgent decision of the court, the court manager can grant a remission without supporting evidence, though you are likely to be required to provide evidence within five days of the remission being given.