Back to previous
Support for mortgage interest loans
You can apply for an interest free loan from the DWP to help you to pay your mortgage interest and to help repay money you have borrowed for certain repairs and home improvements. You usually need to be getting UC, income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance, income-related employment and support allowance or pension credit in order to apply, and you cannot apply if you or your partner have any earnings. You should get advice before accepting a loan.