Back to previous
Sending the bill to another person
If you are of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or vulnerable, the supplier may, where reasonably practical, send the bill to another person to deal with1Condition 26.5(b) SLC – eg, a friend or relative. Suppliers have to ensure that they obtain your informed consent before disclosing such information to ensure, among other things, compliance with data protection regulations.2Condition 26.6 SLC This can be achieved by recording a third party’s details on the supplier’s system or records. You need to ensure that a third party is not erroneously added to the account as an account holder, which may result in the third party being deemed liable by a supplier.
1     Condition 26.5(b) SLC »
2     Condition 26.6 SLC »