Back to previous
Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice organisations deliver consumer advice services on a range of consumer issues. There is a provision of this in England, Wales and Scotland. Areas of focus include:
    representing consumers’ interests in energy, post and water, working to promote fairer markets and improve customer services in these fields;
    dealing with complex energy cases, or cases received from vulnerable consumers;
    dealing with disconnection or threatened disconnection. The Extra Help Unit (EHU) negotiates with suppliers and offers advice. The EHU is managed by Citizens Advice Scotland but helps consumers from anywhere in Great Britain. Most of EHU’s cases are referred by the Citizens Advice network, though it may also accept some cases from other sources.
Useful Citizens Advice contact numbers
Extra Help Unit: 0345 404 05 06
Adviceline (England): 0800 144 8848
Advicelink (Wales): 0800 702 2020
Ask the Adviser service (Scotland): 0344 980 0041